October Health News Review
October 1, 2013
1 week until Dr. Arnold's Winter Conditioning Program! Click here to learn more.
Dr. Arnold's Latest Pitching Newsletter - 5 Steps to a Successful Offseason
5) Sharks Absent, Swimmer, 64, Strokes from Cuba to Florida - NY Times September 2, 201
“I have three messages. One is we should never, ever
give up. Two is you never are too old to chase your dreams. Three is it
looks like a solitary sport, but it takes a team.” -Diana Nyad
4) Cilantro, That Favorite Salsa Ingredient, Purifies Drinking Water - ScienceDaily September 12, 2013
"Cilantro's secret may lie in the structure of the
outer walls of the microscopic cells that make up the plant. They have
an architecture ideal for sorption of heavy metals. Other plants,
including cilantro's cousins, parsley and culantro, have similar
features and could potentially work as biosorbents."
3) Study Affirms Benefit of Back Braces as Scoliosis Treatment - NY Times September 19, 201e
"...the rate of treatment success was 72% among
children with bracing, compared with 48% among those under observation.
More than 90% of the children who were successfully treated wore their
braces more than 13 hours a day."
2) Migraine Relief with Lavendar Essential Oil - NOW Foods September 2, 2013
Lavendar oil used during a migraine attack (rubbing 3
drops into the upper lip and inhaling the aroma for 15 minutes) reduced
headache severity 225% more than those not using lavendar oil.
1) Intermittent Fasting As Another Way to Help Lose Weight - Muscular Development November 2013 issue
"Interestingly, a new weight-loss approach involving
intermittent fasting has been growing in popularity recently. This diet
involves the consumption of roughly 600 calories per day for two days."
Have A Question About This Newsletter?
Email (PitchingDoc@msn.com) or call (631-352-7654) Dr. Arnold!