Health News Review
May 7, 2013
Dr. Arnold's Pitching Newsletter: Lateral Explosion: A New Way to Increase Velocity
5) Groundbreaking Surgery for Girl Born Without Windpipe - NY Times April 30, 2013
"Dr. Macchiarini described a look of befuddlement
on the child's face when she realized that the mouth tube was gone and
she could put her lips together for the first time. 'It was beautiful,'
4) Effects of dairy consumption on nutrient intakes and risk of chronic disease - Nutrition Review
“Consuming more than three servings of dairy per
day leads to better nutrient status and improved bone health and is
associated with lower blood pressure and reduced risk of cardiovascular
disease and type 2 diabetes.”
3) Timing of food intake predicts weight loss effectiveness - International Journal of Obesity
Eating lunch earlier in the day may help you lose
28.5% more weight over 20 weeks (21.78 vs 16.94 pounds) than eating
lunch later in the day (before/after 3 pm).
2) The Colbert Report - April 22, 2013
“The most important thing about your diet is not a
nutrient but an activity. Cooking. So the question about your diet is
now what are you eating but who’s cooking it. Is it a human being or a
corporation? As long as a human being is cooking for you and not a
corporation, you’re fine.” –Michael Pollan
1) Increased Sleep Could Reduce Rate of Adolescent Obesity - ScienceDaily April 8, 2013
"...increasing sleep from 8 to 10 hours per day at age 18...would translate to roughly 500,000 fewer overweight adolescents."
Have A Question About This Newsletter?
Call (631-352-7654) or email ([email protected]) Dr. Arnold