Health News Review
September 3, 2013
Have You Registered for Dr. Arnold's Winter Arm Conditioning Program?
5) N.F.L. Agrees to Settle Concussion Suit for $765 Million - NY Times August 29, 2013
the terms of the agreement is that the settlement is not to be regarded
as an admission of guilt by the league...The money would be used for
medical exams, concussion-related compensation and a program of medical
research for retired players and their families."
4) Alpha Lipoic Acid and Superoxide Dismutase May Help Low Back Pain - NOW Foods August 7, 2013
mg alpha lipoic acid and 140 IU superoxide dismutase "improved quality
of life and functionality and reduced the use of [NSAIDs in patients
with low back pain]...”
3) Soft Drinks Linked to Behavioral Problems In Children - ScienceDaily August 16, 2013
who drank 4 or more soft drinks per day were more than twice as likely
to destroy things belonging to others, get into fights, and physically
attack people. They also had increased attention problems and withdrawal
behavior compared with those who did not consume soft drinks."
2) Breast is Best: Good Bacteria Arrive from Mum's Gut Via Breast Milk - ScienceDaily August 22, 2013
found in breast milk may be involved in establishing a critical
nutritional balance in the baby's gut and may be important to prevent
1) Intestinal Flora Determines Healthy of Obese People - ScienceDaily August 29, 2013
group with lower species richness in the intestinal flora was more
susceptible to developing obesity-related conditions and chronic
inflammation...[and] suggest it is not only weight gain and dietary
habits that play a role in the development of medical complications in
Have a Question About this Newsletter?
Call (631-352-7654) or Email ([email protected]) Dr. Arnold!